DonateNic is a jQuery plugin that you can build your own paypal donation button with a few easy steps. If you want to attract your visitors with nice looking, eye-catching CSS3 buttons and get more donation, this amazing donation button is made just for you.
It is Customizable You can customize almost every detail of your donate button like font colors, font sizes, background colors, mouse over colors, font-family, default amount to be donated, text on the button, currency, paypal settings and so on…
W3C Standards The button code passes w3c standards test.
Compatibility Notes On IE6 to 10, Firefox 3 to 32 and Opera all functionality works. On IE11, Safari and Chrome, loader image is not visible.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - Update on 05/29/2017 – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
1. You can now add icon into your button. If your page includes fontawesome, bootstrap or any other icon libraries, you can just type the icon class name and violaa.
2. You can now show/hide the currency sign and amount you request from the visitors. So you can create a “Buy me a beer” button easily.
3. Some style improvements are done in this version.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - Update on 03/10/2011 – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
1. We added minimum donation amount to the button. You can set the minimum donation amont and the message when people tries to donate lower then the minimum amount.
2. We added zero donation message. When someone tries to donate zero, a dialog box opens and shows this message.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - Update on 12/18/2011 – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
1. We fixed the round border issue for the new browser versions.
Good idea, works A1 in ff
Thank you !
Awesome script, five stars. One small request: would it be possible to add a minimum amount feature? I'd like to set bottom limit and not submit the form if it hasn't been met.
Dear clarklab, Thank you for your review. We added your request to our "to do" list. We will make it ready soon and publish the new version here. Regards, M. Dikici
I'm trying to add this button to a wordpress theme.
Do I need to add all of the following code to the php file?
Where do I add the code generated from the button customizer?
Yes, if your wordpress theme doesn't have jQuery support, you must add all the codes to your theme. Otherwise, you shouldn't add the line below :
this plugin work with wordpress 3.5 ?
Looks great! When I try it in chrome it's fine, although whenever I try it in IE, it just ends up going to an error page. :(
I am checking the problem. I will solve it and update the files as soon as possible.
The preview does not seem to work with the latest version of Firefox 4.0 the corners are not shown
We have fixed this issue and sent for preview. It will be available soon here.
Dear ceijay, I have made it in thumblr and it is working now. Here is how to do it : In thumblr, login to your dashboard. On the right sidebar menu, click "Customize". On the top menu click "Theme". The theme list will come to the screen. Just click the "Use custom HTML" button under the theme list. You will see the code of your page. Find the lineand under this line, paste this code, (you can customize that code before pasting to the page) : https://gist.github.com/822375 Then, in the code, find the place where you want to add your donation button. Add this code to put your donation button : https://gist.github.com/822377 The coding is ok. Click "Update preview" button under the code. When your page is refreshed, you can check where your button is showing and you can find the best place to put your button. When you are done, click the "Save + Close" button on right top of the page. Thats all. Regards, Murat Dikici
We have updated the button code. We fixed some bugs. If you downloaded before 11st February 2011, please re-download it.
mhh it years ago... it is working in 2014?
Still cant get it up and running in Tumblr. Sure the Documentation is Incorrect. Needs looking at. Author, get back to us on this. Would like to implement the $6 purchase.
good sales =)
looks dead plugin...