The Grid is a premium wordpress grid plugin which allows you to show off any custom post types in a fully customizable and responsive grid system. It is perfectly suited for displaying your blog, portfolio, e-commerce or any kind of Wordpress post type. This plugin support the following post format: standard, video, audio, gallery, link, quote. Possibilities are unlimited and can be easily controlled thank to a powerful admin panel.
We especially took care about the loading speed performance by optimizing the queries and have created a custom and lightweight jQuery script. We have also built a custom cache system in order to boost performances.
The Grid plugin is the most advanced grid plugin for Wordpress and also the only one with a 100% responsive touch slider. You can filter any kind of grid in this touch slider which is just unique. We have also added several filters for developer in order to add new skins, animations, navigation skins, preloaders animations. The Grid can be easily integrated in any Wordpress theme and with a custom style…
Note To Wordpress theme developers: The Skin Builder functionality requires a valid licence of The Grid in order to be activated.
Version 2.6.70 – September 29th, 2018
- Updated Vimeo API - Fixed minor JS/CSS issues
Version 2.6.60 – July 14th, 2018
- Changed logic for public taxonomies - Fixed minor JS/CSS issues
Version 2.6.56 – May 29th, 2018
- Fixed an issue with public taxonomies
Version 2.6.55 – May 29th, 2018
- Fixed an encoding issue with special characters in taxonomy terms
Version 2.6.50 – May 26th, 2018
- Changed fetch only publicly queryable taxonomies - Fixed minor JS/CSS issues
Version 2.6.20 – April 27th, 2018
- Updated Facebook API
Version 2.6.17 – April 13th, 2018
- Updated Instagram API methods
Version 2.6.16 – April 10th, 2018
- Updated Instagram API methods
Version 2.6.1 – April 5th, 2018
- Updated Instagram API
Version 2.6.0 – January 16th, 2018
- Fixed an issue with Facebook OAuth method - Fixed a warning with Envato API - Fixed minor JS/CSS issues
Version 2.5.5 – November 9th, 2017
- Fixed an issue with Ajax animation delay - Fixed an issue with WP Color Picker (v4.9) - Fixed minor css/js issues
Version 2.5.0 – August 10th, 2017
- Added new method to connect to Vimeo from Client ID and Secrets - Fixed an with Vimeo API and newly created Token - Fixed minor css/js issues
Version 2.4.0 – May 25th, 2017
- Fixed an issue with X Theme Pro and Cornerstone - Fixed a php issue with excerpt functionality - Fixed minor css/js issues
Version 2.3.5 – April 3rd, 2017
- Added compatibility with Woocommerce 3.0.0 - Fixed an issue with Pinterest shared URL with query string parameters - Fixed an issue with sort by Woocommerce price order (format value issue) - Fixed minor css/js issues
Version 2.3.1 – March 26th, 2017
- Updated Facebook API
Version 2.3.0 – February 3rd, 2017
- Fixed an issue with Youtube duration format - Fixed an issue with download skin file for developers (PHP issue) - Fixed an issue with element icon settings not clickacble in rare cases - Fixed an issue with Twitter search by Tweets feed in preview mode - Fixed a typo issue for RSS transient expiration set to 3600s - Fixed an issue with overlay hover state styles not correctly applied for custom skins - Fixed an issue with cache not correctly cleared when updating/saving/deleting a post - Fixed an issue with infinite scroll with Vimeo/Youtube stream source - Fixed an issue with Smart Resize option generating warning in rare case - Fixed minor CSS/JS issues - Updated grid demo files available in the main downloadable .zip package on CodeCanyon
Version 2.2.0 – October 31th, 2016
Version 2.1.2 – September 14th, 2016
- Added new custom skins (.json) in the main downloadable .zip package on CodeCanyon - Fixed an issue with terms color option in the skin builder - Fixed an issue with metadata value as attribute value - Fixed an issue with import grid demo button - Fixed an issue with load more on scroll skin appearance - Fixed a slow query - Fixed minor css and jquery issues - Updated the online documentation - Improved by 2x the loading speed of skin elements - Improved general loading time by 30%
Version 2.1.0 – August 28th, 2016
- Added Twitter stream as source - Added Flickr stream as source - Added RSS feed as source - Added Fit Rows option for Masonry style - Added Taxonomies to available filters in the grid settings (automatically fetch all terms) - Added search input for icons list in the skin builder - Fixed an issue with social share buttons on ajax - Fixed an issue with checkbox list if empty (post format settings) - Fixed an issue with snap to grid feature in the skin builder - Fixed an issue with duplicate Taxonomy slug - Fixed an issue with empty suffix for excerpt in the skin builder - Fixed an issue with clone custom skin and special characters in skin name - Fixed an issue with duplicate lighbtox content - Fixed an issue with layer action above content (z-index issue) - Fixed an issue with HTML5 audio player visibility - Fixed a rare issue occuring when creating custom table for the Skin Builder
Version 2.0.5 – August 8th, 2016
- Added Facebook stream as source - Changed skin builder inputs behaviour in FireFox browser - Fixed an issue with php7+ and the skin builder - Fixed an issue with negative margin and dragged elements in the skin builder - Fixed an issue with error output format - Fixed an issue with exclude item ID in the grid settings - Fixed an issue with sortby SKU metadata
Version 2.0.0 – August 5th, 2016
- Added Skin Builder - Added import custom Skins & Elements - Added support for social sharing links with Media library - Improved post type page compatibility - Improved Media Library behaviour with orderBy parameter - Improved loading speed in backend - Improved query performances - Fixed an issue with insert Gallery and missing thumbnails - Fixed an issue with Oslo, Maputo skins in justified layout - Fixed an issue with quote/link format and default thumbnail placeholder - Fixed an issue when fetching first media content in the Worpdress content editor - Fixed an error generated with SounCloud API to fetch the Artwork (rare issue) - Fixed an issue with dropdown filters on mobile devices - Fixed several layout issue and improve css transform performances - Fixed css transform performances with scale - Fixed minor css/js issue - Changed color schemes class names (.tg-light & .tg-dark)
Version 1.6.0 – May 25th, 2016
- Improved performances in the back-end (Fixed a slow query) - Fixed an issue with Maputo skin with audio and video player - Fixed a rare issue with Woocommerce add to cart button - Fixed an issue with filter buttons in admin skin preview - Fixed an issue with Youtube API and touch devices - Fixed a rare issue with wrong thumbnail ID - Fixed an issue in Masonry style an margin bottom of the whole grid - Fixed an issue with SortBy on load if sort list empty - Fixed an issue with Instagram header and follow url - Fixed an issue with mediaelement lightbox poster image - Fixed an isue with media attachment post mine type - Fixed a layout issue with Mediaelement styles from The Grid - Fixed an issue with mute button from Mediaelement.js - Fixed several layout issue and improve css transform performances
Version 1.5.0 – March 29th, 2016
- Added compatibility from php v5.3.0 - Added default image option in Masonry style - Added child terms in filter area if option enabled - Added possibility to use a grid as a template to replace index.php, archive.php, search.php template and Woocommerce archive-product.php - Added new php filters (to change the query args) - Fixed a layout issue with horizontal layout, basic navigation and masonry style - Fixed an issue with default image for grid/justified styles - Fixed an issue with justified layout and missing/broken image url - Fixed an issue with new Cornerstone API - Fixed an issue with ajax pagination and mediaelement script - Fixed an issue with ajax cart button (Woocommerce) - Fixed an issue with random order and Wordpress media library as post type - Fixed minor css/js issue - Changed cached method - Changed method to retrieve skin css files to avoid issue with HTTP Basic Auth - Improved loading speed IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR DEVELOPERS: - The Grid API was completely rebuild for performance reason and flexibility The methods to create new skins have changed. Please refer to the developer guide in order to update your skins: https://theme-one.com/docs/the-grid/#!/developer_guide
Version 1.4.0 – February 19th, 2016
- Added Justified Layout - Added 2 new skins (Roma & Lisboa) - Added Global Library option in Global Settings - Added Full compatibility with Cornerstone builder (X Theme) - Added Vimeo Channel sort by manual - Improved Praia & Sofia skin js script - Fixed a rare issue with empty value in the settings - Fixed an issue with sort area filter in alphabetical order with numeric value - Fixed a rare issue with media Taxonomy on update in attachment detail page - Fixed an issue with update plugin class - Fixed an issue with Full-height option - Fixed an issue with orderby value - Fixed a,n issue with preserve post IDs and post type page - Fixed an issue with Dacca skin in Firefox
Version 1.3.5 – January 20th, 2016
- Added automatic update (with new Envato API) and system requirements panel - Improve loading speed with media iframes (new method for deferring iframe loading) - Changed shortcode icon - Fixed an issue with first quote content (if empty content) - Fixed an issue with creating a new grid button with no grid list - Fixed an issue with Google+ icon missing - Fixed mirror css/js issues
Version 1.3.1 – January 13th, 2016
- Fixed a small issue about missing wp.media script in admin panel in rare case.
Version 1.3.0 – January 12th, 2016
- Added Instagram as source content - Added Youtube as source content - Added Vimeo as source content - Added 5 new skins for Instagram/Youtube/Vimeo - Added 1 new skin with parallax effect (Dacca skin) - Fixed an issue with metabox save on attachment edit page - Fixed minor css/js issue - Changed css layout for admin panel - Changed select dropdown list script to prevent any conflict
Version 1.2.0 – December 18th, 2015
- Added Woocommerce recently viewed product in orderby field - Added possibility to show all media images and to filter by category (Media image feed) - Added new method for template part for all grid areas - Added new Google Plus icon - Fixed a css issue with Woocommerce skin icon - Fixed an issue with Woocommerce product image on hover with standard skins - Fixed an issue with Wistia Video on Ajax - Fixed an issue with data sort functionality - Fixed an issue with random order and ajax - Fixed an issue with Mediaelement extended option and css stylesheet - Fixed an issue with The Grid Lightbox video source and attribute - Fixed an issue with save grid with Wordpress v4.4 - Fixed an issue with Vimeo video auto pause while loading in rare case - Fixed small skin issues
Version 1.1.0 – November 17th, 2015
- Fixed an issue with multiple instances options - Fixed an issue with Visual Composer grid selection in backend - Fixed an issue with Visual Composer refresh Grid on Frontend - Fixed an issue with SoundCloud play on mobile device (now play manually) - Fixed an issue with Polylang Plugin - Changed Aq_Resize class to prevent any conflict with Themes/Plugins - Added The Grid lightbox only dispaly visible images in the grid - Added Gallery images in lightbox
Version 1.0.8 – November 11th, 2015
- Fixed a rare issue generating a warning - Fixed small css issues
Version 1.0.7 – November 10th, 2015
- Added post like shortcode [to_post_like] - Added SortBy Popular Post - Added Wistia video compatibility - Added autoplay video lightbox functionnality - Added FooBox v2 Lightbox plugin compatibility - Added custom metadata to SortBy - Fixed an issue with SortBy value - Fixed an issue with sort name with active filter on load - Fixed an issue with no post message breaking all page - Fixed an issue with WPML plugin and category in 3rd language - Fixed an issue with fullheight mode in preview mode (backend) - Updated The Grid documentation
Version 1.0.5 – October 26th, 2015
- Added Native Wordpress Media Library as a source content - Added Media Library drag & drop selector to build Gallery - Added media taxonomies (categories and tags) to filter gallery - Added custom link and target options in each post - Added a new options in metabox to set/force custom post format - Added on option in Global setting to force post format for any post type - Added the possibility to mix gallery and post types. - Added close lightbox functionnality with escape key - Fixed rare issue with select2 z-index (plugin conflict) - Fixed preserve post ID order option for custom grid order - Fixed issue with filters conflict (dropdown list and buttons) on touch devices - Fixed css issue in metaboxes popup form on preview mode - Fixed an issue with multiple instances of wp.media frame - Fixed an issue with wrong names in dropdown filters - Fixed an overflow issue in grid skin preview selector - Fixed minor css issues
Version 1.0.0 – October 19h, 2015
- Initial release
Will The Grid ever support a filter that filters through the entire database instead of the already shown posts? The filter is completely useless if it doesn't.
Hello, The Grid is a grid plugin which allows to build complex grid layouts. It’s currently the most advanced grid plugin, on the market, which includes all layout types (Masonry, Grid, Justified). The Grid is not a dedicated filtering plugin. It uses a dynamic filtering system to filter items present and loaded in a grid. You should look at a dedicated filtering plugin instead of a grid/gallery plugin. Themeone
Hi! Thanks for the quick response. That makes me really sad because I truly love the appearance of The Grid and the skin creator. I created a few skins that looked awesome but my users can't use the filter... and efficiency comes first :/ If the feature is ever added I'd love to hear about it. Regards!
I seriously can't find any other grid plugin that works/looks as good as The Grid AND has a good filtering system... Is there anyone I can pay to have this feature developed onto The Grid?
It would be great if it would be possible to randomize/shuffle images from the RSS feed. For instance, specifying to only show 10 images but to pull from the source a random amount to show within those 10 spots.
Hello, Unfortunately, this currently not possible to randomize a RSS feed with The Grid. Themeone
I cant seem to get the images larger than this in the carousel: https://cl.ly/0H2m43160g1N. I don't think it's an image size issue, it seems like the grid cell size is too small. How do I fix this? I'd like to have the grid items larger like in your demo: https://theme-one.com/the-grid/lome/
Disregard, it was a column settings issue
Hi, Just wanted to check Can a custom field be used as an image instead of the featured image? Vijay
Hello, The grid have a settings on each post to set an alternative image to the featured image. You can't use your own custom field to replace the featured image. Themeone
Hi, I am getting now: Warning: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array in /home1/grid-layout.class.php on line 363 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in he-grid-layout.class.php on line 368 How to solve that please?
Hello, Could you please open a ticket on the support forum for any issue or question. Thank you. Themeone
I tried to open a ticket on the support forum but it says that my support has expired so I need to buy a new one to get an answer about something that's is not my fault.. So, I will disable the plugin and that's it.
Hello, You should try to re-save your grid settings and/or de-install/re-install The Grid plugin. It may solve your issue. Also, please make sure you are running the last version of The Grid and you are up to date with WordPress (and all other 3rd party plugins to prevent conflicts). Themeone
Thank you, I re-saved the grid settings and now it's working fine :)
Hi there! First: great plugin! It's the one and only I was looking for my next project... Just a little pre-buy question: was this plugin tested on Elementor Page Builder or its certainly compatible with it? Thanks on advance.
Hello, The Grid should work with any page builder thanks to shortcode. You can insert The Grid in any builder element which accepts shortcodes. So, it should work fine with Elementor page builder. However, it will not render the shortcode on the front end builder. Themeone
Works like a charm! Thanks guys...
Hello, Is it possible to make a simple flickr style gallery, like in flickr example 1 on demo page ,just without author/picture name/description on gallery and lightbox??
Hello, On you can create your own skins thanks to the skin builder. So, you will be able to add only the element you want to display in your gallery. When using Flickr, the lightbox will automatically show the image title from Flickr. You can't change this behaviour. Themeone
Hello, do you think its possible that i can recreate this exact look and functionalism? Filters, displaying all the content etc.. https://www.121e22nd.com/availability
Hello, Could you please open a ticket on the support forum for any issue or question. Thank you. Themeone
Hi, 1. is there any way to include custom text in the grid (text block)? 2. is possible to add filter as first box in the grid or any other place outside the grid (f.e. sidebar) or vc element? Tnx.
Hello, 1) 2) Unfortunately, this is not possible to do such things. You should use your page builder to add custom content above or under a grid. Themeone
Is there any way to change force text title to start in separate line (if not space) instead adding "-". Please check: https://prnt.sc/g7emki
Hello, Could you please open a ticket on the support forum for any issue or question. Thank you. Themeone
Hi Theme-one, if I was opening tickets and using every possible support system for such a basic question I probably wont have time to do my job. Please answer here. Thanks.
This is not a support forum here. To have support you must open a ticket on the dedicated ticket system as mentioned on the support terms on CodeCanyon. And, you also must have a valid support that you can renew on the product description page.
Thank you for your understanding. Themeone
Questions. I use thegrid bundled with xtheme theme. My questions: when I click filtering, it fills rows first then column. I would like it fills column first then row. Is it possible? Is it limitation of the thegrid bundled version? Also my Honiara, the second row photo does not expand the category. can it be solved. Thanks.
Hello, For any issue or question, please contact the theme author directly. He will handle support for 3rd party plugins included with the theme. If you need direct support from us as well as automatic updates in the backend, you can purchase a plugin license from us. With a valid purchase code of our plugin you will be able to have support from us. Thank you for your understanding. Best regards, Themeone
Getting the below error next to grid items, tried submitting a ticket via the support portal, but it is extremely slow and just hangs with white screen after while. : Warning: json_decode() expects parameter 1 - the grid.... http://eon.wp.cinnabar.co.za
Hello, Could you please open a ticket on the support forum for any issue or question. If you have any issue with the support ticket (which is working fine currently), could you please send a PM from CodeCanyon profil page. Thank you. Themeone
Your support portal is not working. Keeps bombing out and gicing white screen. Been trying since this morning.
Any response ? your support portal still takes forever to load.
Hello, As mentioned in my previous reply, if you have any issue with the support forum, you can still send a PM from CodeCanyon profil page. Thank you. Themeone
Hello! I want to buy the plugin, but i need a vertical slider for blog posts... Do you have any explample of that?
Hello, Unfortunately, only horizontal carousel is available: https://theme-one.com/the-grid/oslo/ Themeone
Hi, so far I love your plug-in! Is it possible to externally link to the grid with a filter already in place? For example, we are using the grid to display our projects with various filter options such as architecture, engineering, etc. Is it possible to have a link that will send the user to the projects page, but with architecture already selected? Hopefully that makes sense. Thanks!
Hello, I do not see any purchase of The Grid from your Envato user account. What you are looking for requires customization. If The Grid was included with your theme, please contact the theme author directly. He will handle support for 3rd party plugins included with the theme. If you need direct support from us as well as automatic updates in the backend, you can purchase a plugin license from us. With a valid purchase code of our plugin you will be able to have support from us. Thank you for your understanding. Themeone
Thanks for your quick response! I've contacted our developers to get the purchase key and will be in touch shortly. Thanks again!
hey guys i have your plugin thanks to themeco's themes, i was wondering if there will ever be a way to just edit a CURRENT skin so i can make new ones out of the ones that already exist (caracas, dacca, etc), it would be a very, very nice addition to the plugin!
Hello, For any question or issue, please contact the theme author directly. He will handle support for 3rd party plugins included with the theme. If you need direct support as well as automatic updates in the backend, you can purchase a plugin license. With a valid purchase code of the plugin you will be able to have support. Thank you for your understanding. Themeone
first of all, WOW! that reply was super fast!. second of all, that wasn't neither an issue nor a request for support. it was only a mere functionality question that sounded more like a request than anything else but it has nothing to do with support :)
Please add an infinite scroll option to the vertically aligned grids! It is bad UX to be scrolling through images and then have it stop and the button doesn't work. I asked your support team to help me with the code but their response was "I don't know why you would want that feature." I followed up, but they wouldn't help. Really annoying, and the funny thing is the automatic self-scrolling feature is set to infinite.
Hello, I do not see any ticket on the support forum from your Envato user "raredesigns". Could you please open a ticket on the support forum for any issue or question. Thank you. Themeone
Hi There, I received the grid with my X theme license and until recently everything was working well. Now when i use the skin builder and add an element - post title for example and then click the element and edit the styles - everything is blank. So when i click styles and then any of the options like font, visibility, border etc it just shows a blank section. Before the options for font size etc all used to appear. Can you help with this? Kind Regards,
Hello, For setup and integration issues, please contact the theme author directly. He will handle support for 3rd party plugins included with the theme. If you need direct support from us as well as automatic updates in the backend, you can purchase a plugin license from us. With a valid purchase code of our plugin you will be able to have support from us. Thank you for your understanding. Themeone
Hello, I think your demo does not work. When I click on the links no page will open. But if I click on open in a new tab it will work properly.
Hello, It's normal. Links to single post page was deactivated in our live demo because single post pages are part of a theme and not a plugin. Themeo
Ok but I can not see how the pages open. I would like the pages to open in a lightbox. As on the site below. Is it possible? https://obeygiant.com/prints/
Hi there, I bought theme X and use this grid on my website. It seems that there is a bug with showing the right author. Idk if it is bug on wordpress side or on yours but the author shown in the grid is basically the admin who approved the post. Only few times we were able to have correct authors displayed. Have you come accross such bug?
Hello, For setup and integration issues, please contact the theme author directly, He will handle support for 3rd party plugins included with the theme. If you need direct support from us as well as automatic updates in the backend, you can purchase a plugin license from us. With a valid purchase code of our plugin you will be able to have support from us. Thank you for your understanding. Themeone
Is it possible to show posts randomly with The Grid? Regards John
Hello, Yes, it's possible. However, the random order will be deactivated if you are using a load more method in order to prevent duplicate post. Otherwise, the random order will work in any cases. Themeone
So i can build one grid with my blog-posts sorted by date in the main window and a second grid with ads shown randomly in the sidebar. I'm almost afraid to ask because i think it is impossible, but is it possible to show blog posts sorted by date and ads random sorted between the blog posts? Kind Regards John
Hello, You can create the order you want (except the limitation for random order as I mentioned previously). In the grid you can display any custom post type. So, if your "ads" is a post type, you will be able to display it. You can also create custom order thanks to post IDs. If you need something more advanced then you can use The Grid filter in order to build complex query : http://theme-one.com/docs/the-grid/#!/query_filter Themeone
Thanks for you quick reply. Kind regards John
I do have to re-design a website with over 20.000 posts in about 10 categories. Will the Grid still work smoothly? Regards John
The number of posts in your database will not affect The Grid performance. In fact, The Grid uses the native Wordpress query to fetch posts data. So, display the native Wordpress index blog page or The Grid is the same in terms of performance.
With a such number of posts, you should use a pagination. You also have the possibility to use The Grid as template in order to dispaly a grid for your archive, search and index blog page: http://theme-one.com/docs/the-grid/#!/grid_as_template. Themeone
Hi! Does this plugin work with the Polylang plugin in order to get a multilanguage page? Which themes or plugin would you otherwise recommend in order to get multilanguage function on my page. Thanks
Hello, You can translate The Grid as usual thanks to .po file. The Grid is also compatible with WPML and should work with polylang. Could you please open a ticket on our support forum for any issue or question. Thank you. Themeone